Home Maintenance Tips
Monthly and seasonal maintenance not only helps to keep your home running smoothly they also help to protect your investments and avoid costly repairs. Below, you will find several tips and reminders of household maintenance you can do each month.
April Home Maintenance Tips
1. Check all Fire Extinguishers to make sure they are not outdated or damaged. The basic rule is one per level of your home plus one for the garage.
2. Change your filter in your heating system. Thirty days is the longest you should wait, especially during peak usage months.
3. After it rains inspect your crawl space or basement for water. If you find excessive moisture you may need to contact a waterproofing contractor to protect your investment.
4. Prepare your grill for the outdoor cooking season to begin. You can find several easy methods on the internet, but good old fashion elbow grease and a mild detergent is still the preferred method.
5. Now is a good time to inspect all your screens, both your window screens and vent screens to your attic or crawlspace. Repair any tears or bent frames, to wash your screens, lay them on a picnic table or saw horses and scrub with a soft brush and mild detergent. Make sure they dry completely before replacing.
6. Check caulk and weather stripping around windows and door for damage and wear. Replace any material that is no longer blocking air.