- Dryer & Duct Cleaning
Monthly and seasonal maintenance not only helps to keep your home running smoothly they also help to protect your investments and avoid costly repairs. Below, you will find several tips and reminders of household maintenance you can do each month.
December Home Maintenance Tips
1. Before it gets too cold to venture outside, examine the grounds around your home. Check walkways for cracks and loose pavers. Fix all issues around your entryway now before slippery weather hits which can cause falling accidents.
2. Unpack and test all electrical holiday decorations, discard any that are not functioning properly.
3. Check the operation of all ground-fault circuit interrupter outlets by pushing the “test” button. The “reset” button should pop out at that time indicating the receptacle is operating properly.
4. Check inside of bathroom vanities and kitchen sink cabinets for any moisture or other signs of leaks.
5. Double check insulation around exterior pipes that are exposed to freezing weather to be certain that water cannot seep under the insulation.
6. Inspect the operation of automatic light timers and motion-detector systems, especially if you plan on traveling for the holidays.
7. Change the filter in your Heating system. Thirty days is the longest you should wait, especially during peak usage months.