- Dryer & Duct Cleaning
Home Maintenance Tips
Monthly and seasonal maintenance not only helps to keep your home running smoothly they also help to protect your investments and avoid costly repairs. Below, you will find several tips and reminders of household maintenance you can do each month.
February Home Maintenance Tips
1. Check the charge on your fire extinguisher. They will have expiration dates, but since they are relatively low in cost, it is advisable to replace any questionable extinguishers in your home and garage.
2. In order to get a jump start on your spring cleaning, start with your pantry. Make sure to take everything out, wipe down the shelves and check the expiration dates. If you find something you no longer
want or will not use before the expiration date, make sure to donate them to your local food bank or church.
3. Vacuum your clothes dryer exhaust duct, refrigerator coils, vents baseboard heaters and cold air returns. This simple step will not only help extend the life of your appliances, it will also help save on energy bills.
4. Change your filter in your heating system. Thirty days is the longest you should wait, especially during peak usage months.
5. Check the door seals on your refrigerator. Close the door on a dollar bill and attempt to pull it out while the door is closed. If the bill slides out easily, it is time to replace the seals.
6. Leaky toilet tanks do more than increase your utility bills; they can cause costly water damage to your flooring. Try this quick trick, add some red food coloring to the water in the tank, and wait about an hour. If you come back and the water in the bowl is pink, you have a leak.