Home Maintenance Tips
Monthly and seasonal maintenance not only helps to keep your home running smoothly they also help to protect your investments and avoid costly repairs. Below, you will find several tips and reminders of household maintenance you can do each month.
March Home Maintenance Tips
1. March 12th Daylight Savings Time begins. Remember to replace batteries in your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.
2. Now is when you want to schedule a tune up for your air conditioning. Last year we broke 80 degrees in March and by April 16th it was a balmy 88 degrees. Why Wait?
3. Change your filter in your heating system. Thirty days is the longest you should wait, especially during peak usage months.
4. As part of your Spring cleaning, make sure to check the contents of your medicine cabinet and remove all outdated prescriptions and over the counter medicines. National Drug take-back day is April 29, 2017.
5. Clean the refrigerator, inside and out, with mild detergent. Remove all trays and shelves. Make sure to allow everything to dry thoroughly before replacing them.
6. To clean your garbage disposal, grind two trays of ice cubes made from a mixture of white vinegar and wat