- Dryer & Duct Cleaning
The Top 5…well 6 Plumbing tools every house should have
Most every house has a toolbox for DIY projects, when it comes to plumbing repairs or upgrades there are a few specific tools you will need for the job. These tools are good for the new DIY enthusiasts and the seasoned homeowner as well as a licensed Plumber. Here are the essential tools to have on hand for any Plumbing emergencies or simple upgrades you may come across.
1) Plungers – Yes the “s” is supposed to be there since there are 2 kinds of basic plungers that you should own.
a. Sink Plunger – a flat bottomed plunging cup. In order to create suction you will need a tight seal.
b. Toilet Plunger – a protruding flange (accordion style) In order to create a tight seal you will need a protruding flange plunger. They can be found at any hardware store.
2) Adjustable wrench – or you may be more comfortable using locking pliers, both will do the same job.
3) Plumbers Tape – can also be called “Teflon tape”. You will use this for changing out a shower head or supply lines to make sure you get a good seal on the threads.
4) Gloves – You may want to keep both latex and work gloves handy, depending on the emergency you are experiencing.
5) 5 Gallon Bucket – not only will it be a handy storage place for your plumbing tools, you can use it as a stool or it can catch leaking water until you can get to the shut off valve.
When in doubt, just call Service Today at 1-800-659-2273, we can get a Plumber right out to you.