Dryer Vent Cleaning Service
We Service. We Repair. We Replace.
For most of you, your clothes dryer has become a convenience that you could not do without; however it is also one of the most dangerous in your household. Lint build up happens slowly and gradually, and is highly combustible material, also exhaust vents can be blocked from the nests of small birds or other animals.
Most think that as long as you clean the filter before each use, you are doing all the maintenance required. Actually, you should get a dryer vent cleaning every six months to a year depending on use. There are the warning signs that your dryer and venting may be at a dangerous level.
Repairs over $1,000
- Clothes take longer and longer to dry – over 35 – 40 minutes
- Clothes don’t fully dry
- Clothes are abnormally hot to the touch after the drying cycle
- The outside or top of the dryer is very hot to the touch while running
- No lint visible on the lint screen or excess lint left on your clothing
- Laundry room becomes more humid that it is normally
FEMA and the U.S. Fire Administration published a report on “Clothes dryer fires in residential buildings (2008 – 2010)” in August 2012 (the last report filed as of this research). Below are the “findings” of the eleven-page report:
- An estimated 2,900 clothes dryer fires in residential buildings are reported to U.S. fire departments each year and cause an estimated 5 deaths, 100 injuries, and $35 million in property loss.
- Clothes dryer fire incidence in residential buildings was higher in the fall and winter months, peaking in January at 11 percent.
- Failure to clean (34 percent) was the leading factor contributing to the ignition of clothes dryer fires in residential buildings.
- Dust, fiber, and lint (28 percent) and clothing not on a person (27 percent) were, by far the leading items first ignited in clothes dryer fires in residential buildings.
- Fifty-four percent of clothes dryer fires in residential buildings were confined to the object of origin.
How do you maintenance dryer vents?
- We clean the back and lint filter area with the same powerful equipment that we use to clean air ducts.
- The hose and outside vent are cleaned and inspected for damage and blockages.
- We then reassemble everything and check for proper operation, and clean the workspace.
Service Today can provide Dryer Vent Cleaning for one story and two story homes. Service Today and their “IAQ” (Indoor Air Quality) team can help you prevent and reverse damage to your dryer, hose, vent and home.
We are available 24/7 for emergency service.
We go above and beyond to ensure your comfort and safety.