Air Conditioning Repair in Maryland, Delaware & Pennsylvania
At Service Today, our HVAC experts offer the comprehensive cooling solutions families need to keep their homes equipped with convenient, long-lasting comfort.
With our 24/7 AC repair solutions and 100% satisfaction guarantee, we are confident in our team’s ability to provide the superior air conditioning service experience you need to restore cooling comfort.
24/7 Air Conditioning Repair Services
Air conditioning breakdowns often strike when you least expect them, leaving you without access to cool air on the hottest days of the year. Surprise AC malfunctions are more than just a nuisance; they can pose a serious health risk to elderly family members, children, and pets.
At Service Today, our team understands the urgency behind your air conditioning malfunction, which is why we offer 24/7 emergency AC repair throughout Maryland, Delaware, and Pennsylvania.
Signs You Need Air Conditioning Repair
It’s important to act quickly and request service when you recognize any of the following signs of needed air conditioning repair:
- Warm air: Your air conditioner should always be a source of cool air. If you notice warm air blowing from your vents, your outdoor unit’s fan may need repair or replacement.
- Short-cycling: When your system frequently turns on and off, this is known as short-cycling, which not only puts a strain on your system but also drives up your energy bills.
- Ice on the unit: If you see ice forming around your unit, you could have frozen evaporator coils. Changing out a dirty air filter may solve the issue, or you could have leaking or low refrigerant.
- Strange odors: Air conditioners should not produce any pungent odors during operation. Exhaust and burning smells often point to an issue with electrical components, while musty smells could mean mold.
- Poor airflow: Insufficient circulation can point to several issues, including a clogged air filter or a system that’s improperly sized for your home.
Common Causes of AC Breakdowns
Air conditioning units can break down for several reasons. Some of the most common reasons include:
- A dirty air filter: In most cases, you can change these yourself. Be sure to replace them at least every three months. Otherwise, it causes your AC to overheat and shut off.
- Thermostat problems: The thermostat controls when your AC turns on and off. When the thermostat malfunctions, your air conditioner does too.
- Evaporator coil problems: The coil absorbs heat to send cool air into the house. Debris on the coil can cause it to malfunction.
- Condenser coil problems: This coil can also have built-up dirt and debris interfering with optimal performance, resulting in higher energy costs.
- Leaking refrigerant: Refrigerant is an essential part of the AC system. If refrigerant leaks, the unit won’t cool effectively.
- Age: If your air conditioner is more than 10 years old and has numerous breakdowns, we may recommend AC replacement instead or repair.
You should schedule annual air conditioning maintenance to reduce the risk of breakdowns and frequent repairs.
Why Choose Service Today?
When you need fast, reliable HVAC service from a team of trusted technicians, Service Today is the company that families rely on for:
- 24/7 emergency service
- Same day service
- Money-saving maintenance plans
- Unmatched customer service
- Upfront pricing and financing options
- Background-checked and factory-trained technicians
For more than 70 years, we have proudly delivered superior cooling solutions throughout Maryland, Delaware, and Pennsylvania.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is my AC making loud noises?
There can be multiple reasons for loud noises from your AC unit:
- Loud buzzing noises are likely the result of loose parts.
- Sharp shrieking sounds can be caused by leaking refrigerant.
- Clunking or banging noises may indicate a broken part.
Why does my AC smell bad?
Bad odors coming from your AC unit may be caused by:
- Musty odors: Mold and mildew
- Dirty sock odors: Dirty evaporator coils
- Burning odors: Overheating parts or electrical failure
How do you troubleshoot your AC?
If your AC is malfunctioning, you can troubleshoot it in several ways.
- Check the thermostat to ensure it’s set properly, with the fan on Auto and set to Cool.
- Check the electrical panel to see whether the AC unit has a tripped circuit breaker.
- Check and change your air filter.
We are available 24/7 for emergency service.
We go above and beyond to ensure your comfort and safety.