Heat Pump Services in Maryland, Delaware & Pennsylvania
At Service Today, our highly trained HVAC technicians provide heat pump services to ensure year-round comfort. Our team provides same day and 24/7 emergency service.
We install, repair, and maintain heat pumps for homes in Ocean City, Newcastle, Rehoboth Beach, Easton, and more!
What Is a Heat Pump?
Simply put, a heat pump is an air conditioner that can reverse its operation to heat your home too. The name “heat pump” was appropriately given because pumping heat is exactly what it does. A heat pump simply moves heat from one location to another.
There’s no need to install separate units or systems to provide both heating and cooling. Air-to-air heat pumps are designed to pull heat out of the surrounding air, while geothermal heat pumps pull heat out of the ground.
Heat pumps are a cost-effective, energy-efficient home comfort system that can provide over 15 years of reliable operation with proper care and maintenance.
Heat Pump Installation & Replacement in MD, DE & PA
Our certified, licensed, and insured HVAC technicians can install the ideal heat pump for your needs. We’ll:
- Size the system
- Prepare the installation site
- Install the heat pump
- Test the system to confirm proper operation
24/7 Heat Pump Repair for MD, DE & PA Homes
When your heat pump fails to keep you comfortable, our certified HVAC technicians will promptly diagnose the cause of the problem and apply the necessary repair solution.
We offer 24/7 emergency service because we know that system breakdowns always happen when you least expect them, and you need your heating and cooling restored as soon as possible.
If you notice any of the following signs of heat pump failure, we recommend scheduling a service appointment without delay:
- Inconsistent heating and cooling capacity
- Diminished airflow
- Odd noises or odors
- Rising utility bills
- The unit ices up
- System short-cycling
Heat Pump Maintenance Throughout MD, DE & PA
We recommend scheduling heat pump maintenance twice yearly to enjoy optimal performance and long-term reliability. Ideally, you should have an appointment in the spring and again in the fall.
During a preventative maintenance appointment, our HVAC technicians will perform a full range of maintenance tasks, including:
- Cleaning and changing air filters
- Removing foliage and debris from around the heat pump
- Inspecting and testing electrical connections
- Straightening bent fins
- Inspecting ducts, the blower, and coils
- And more!
Join Our HVAC Precision Check-Up Plan
And, when you enroll in our service plan, you will enjoy many benefits of routine heat pump maintenance, including:
- A 15% discount on parts and labor
- Optimal system performance
- Extended serviceable life span
- Exclusive offers
- Priority service
- And more!
Why Choose Service Today?
At Service Today, our carefully chosen team of HVAC professionals is dedicated to delivering superior service and reliable results to our clients.
For more than 70 years, our teams have proudly served homeowners throughout Maryland, Pennsylvania, and Delaware. We guarantee same day service. Rain or shine, sleet or snow, we’re never closed!
As a Trane Comfort Specialist, you can depend on our team to provide exceptional quality workmanship and reliable solutions for your needs! Your satisfaction is our top priority, and we’ll always provide the information you need to make the best decision for your comfort.
Frequently Asked Questions
How efficient are heat pumps?
Heat pumps are the most efficient units on the market when used in moderate climates. In the Mid-Atlantic region, heat pumps are a great choice for heating and cooling your home.
In more severe climates, like New England and more northern states, heat pumps require a supplementary furnace to provide for the building’s heat requirements.
How is the efficiency of heat pumps measured?
When measuring the efficiency of heat pumps, there are three acronyms you will need to understand:
- SEER: Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio is comparable to measuring miles per gallon for vehicles to ascertain the efficiency of the air conditioning side of the heat pump. The higher the SEER, the more efficient the heat pump is in cooling mode.
- HSPF: Heating Season Performance Factor is a ratio of BTU heat output over the heating season to watt-hours of electricity used. The higher the HSPF rating, the more efficient the heat pump is in the heating mode.
- EER: Energy Efficiency Ratio is the ratio of output cooling (BTU per hour) to input electrical power (watts) at a given operating point or temperature. EER is generally calculated using an outside temperature of 95 degrees Fahrenheit and an inside temperature of 80 degrees Fahrenheit and 50% relative humidity.
Again, the higher the SEER, HSPF, or EER, the more efficient a heat pump is.
How much does a new heat pump cost?
Pricing varies depending on what your home needs. Each system is custom designed for each home based on square footage, SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio) rating, home layout as well as specific concerns of the homeowners.
At Service Today, we provide free replacement estimates so you can get an idea of your costs.
How long should a heat pump last?
The average life span of a residential heat pump installed in a normal environment is 15 years.
If a major issue arises, systems that aren’t routinely maintained may need premature replacement.
We are available 24/7 for emergency service.
We go above and beyond to ensure your comfort and safety.