Sump Pump Services in Maryland, Delaware & Pennsylvania
Record flooding caused havoc across Maryland, Delaware, and Pennsylvania in the past two decades, making a sump pump a necessary component of your home.
Service Today Heating, Air Conditioning, Plumbing and Electrical provides same day service for sump pump repair and expert sump pump installation and replacement. Trust our team for top-quality plumbing services provided by factory-trained technicians.
Sump Pump Installation & Replacement in MD, DE & PA
Sump pumps pull excess water from your basement to prevent flooding. Even without a flood, a mere inch of water in your basement can cause mold growth and costly water damage. The sump pump automatically switches on when the water level rises to keep your basement dry.
Service Today provides reliable sump pump replacement and installation to ensure you never have to worry about water infiltration in the lowest levels of your home.
Types of Sump Pumps
There are two types of sump pumps. The type you choose depends on the needs of your home.
Submersible sump pumps are ideal for homeowners who often need a sump pump because:
- They sit underground, so they take up very little space.
- They pump more water per minute.
- They’re quieter.
Pedestal sump pumps are ideal for homeowners who don’t often need a sump pump because:
- They’re easier to service since the motors sit above the tank on a pedestal.
- They’re more affordable.
- They last longer and experience less wear and tear.
Battery-Backup vs. Water-Powered Backup Sump Pumps
Power often fails during a bad storm, but that’s when you need your sump pump the most.
- Water-powered backups run on the water supply in your home, making them an excellent fail-safe for homes on city water.
- Battery backups switch on during power failures, so your sump pump can continue pumping out water. A battery system is good for homes that use well water.
Signs You Need Sump Pump Repair
Always schedule sump pump repair at the first signs of a problem. You don’t want to discover a sump pump malfunction during a rainstorm.
Contact Service Today for same day sump pump repair if:
- The float switch is stuck.
- The pump motor runs loudly.
- The pump vibrates as it runs.
- The pump runs continuously.
- You see signs of rust or corrosion.
- The tank isn’t draining.
How To Test Your Sump Pump
You should periodically test your sump pump for problems to avoid being caught in an emergency.
To test, pour a 5-gallon bucket of water into the sump pit. The water should immediately activate the sump pump to start draining.
If it doesn’t drain, you need sump pump repair or replacement.
Schedule Sump Pump Services Throughout MD, DE & PA
When you have a sump pump issue, Service Today is ready to make it right … right now. You can experience the peace of mind that comes with trusting a company that’s made customers happy since 1952.
Our highly rated and trained plumbers provide emergency sump pump repair 24/7, so you can feel confident knowing you have experts on call for any plumbing emergency.
We are available 24/7 for emergency service.
We go above and beyond to ensure your comfort and safety.