Heating Repair in Maryland, Delaware & Pennsylvania
Having trouble with your home’s heating system? Look no further than the team at Service Today Heating, Air Conditioning, Plumbing and Electrical for exceptional heating services from highly trained, experienced, and friendly technicians.
We’re always available to help the same day you call us — and 100% satisfaction is always guaranteed. We’ll determine what’s wrong with your heating and resolve the issue in no time.
24/7 Emergency Heating Repair
When it comes to home heating, it’s always best to handle repairs as quickly as possible — the longer a problem lingers, the more likely it is to lead to more damage to your heating system, your home, or even your health and safety.
Whether you’re facing an issue that requires immediate emergency heating repair or have a few minor problems that warrant heating maintenance to prevent a more serious issue, you can always trust the HVAC technicians of Service Today to provide the care you need.
Signs You Need Heating Repair
Not every heating issue is immediately obvious — but all heating problems deserve prompt attention to prevent bigger problems. Let the team at Service Today help get your heating back to normal if you notice these signs:
- Your home is less comfortable due to temperature, air quality, or humidity changes.
- Your heating system short-cycles, meaning it turns on and off constantly.
- You notice strange noises or smells from your system.
- You have unusually high heating bills.
- You have a yellow pilot light on a gas-powered system.
- You have a frequently tripped circuit breaker on an electric-powered system.
Common Causes of Heating Problems
There are many ways for a heating system to go awry — and they’re often unique to the different types of equipment we use to heat our homes:
- Gas, electric, and oil furnaces: Issues with the fuel source and heating elements commonly plague furnaces, as do problems with blowers and ductwork.
- Oil and gas boilers: Boiler problems usually amount to sediment buildup, leaks, or issues with the radiators or baseboard heaters that distribute the heat.
- Heat pumps: Heat pumps use technology akin to an air conditioner so that they can have refrigerant leaks, a bad capacitor, or a broken reversing valve.
- Hybrid systems: The biggest headaches with hybrid heating systems often arise from thermostat problems that make it difficult to switch between your furnace and heat pump.
- Ductless mini-splits: Ductless HVAC systems may have refrigerant or condensate leaks, clogged condensate drains, and dirty air filters.
Of course, not all heating problems can be repaired — and for older units, heating replacement is often the more cost-effective option. It’s important to upgrade your unit when the time comes, but our team can help you determine if repair or replacement is best.
Choose Service Today for Heating Repair in MD, DE & PA
When you need heating repairs, make sure you get the high-quality service you need by choosing Service Today. Backed by our 100% satisfaction guarantee and exceptional HVAC expertise, every service visit from Service Today will resolve your heating issues.
We make it easy to get the repairs you need, too, with financing options available for HVAC repairs over $1,000 — no need to cut corners or leave issues that will cost you more in the long run.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I troubleshoot my heating system?
There are a few key things to check when you’re not getting heat:
- Make sure your filter is clean. Replace or clean it if needed.
- Ensure your air vents aren’t closed or blocked.
- Check that your pilot light is lit if you have one.
- See if the breaker is tripped and flip it back on if it is.
If your heating issues persist, you’re probably looking at an issue best left to professional HVAC technicians.
Why is my heating system making a weird sound?
Startup noises aren’t a problem in most cases. However, abnormal sounds are cause for concern:
- Buzzing sounds are likely an electrical problem.
- Squealing noises could be a worn belt or bearing.
- Popping sounds can be caused by dirty burners.
Why is my heating system giving off a weird smell?
Heating system odors can include:
- Burning odors: This usually happens the first time you turn your system on for the fall due to dust being burnt off the unit. Otherwise, it’s an electrical issue that likely needs emergency service.
- Mold or mildew odors: You likely have mold or bacteria built up on your heating coils or ductwork.
- Rotten egg smells: Natural gas smells like rotten eggs, so you can more easily detect a gas leak. Call your utility company to shut off your gas, then call your HVAC company for repairs.
We are available 24/7 for emergency service.
We go above and beyond to ensure your comfort and safety.