Heating Maintenance in Maryland, Delaware & Pennsylvania
You need your heating unit for the coldest ways of winter when it’s most important that it be efficient, effective, and reliable. Keeping your heating system at its best means keeping up with your annual tune-ups and letting an expert technician clean, inspect, and repair your unit as needed.
Maryland, Delaware, and Pennsylvania residents who need maintenance or other heating services to stay warm can count on the Service Today Heating, Air Conditioning, Plumbing and Electrical team.
Benefits of Routine Heating Maintenance
Keeping up with maintenance each year isn’t usually at the top of your to-do list, but its benefits shouldn’t be underestimated. With a fall heating tune-up, you’ll enjoy:
- Reliable system performance that keeps you consistently comfortable on the coldest days of the year
- Lower utility bills and reduced energy usage due to improved system efficiency
- Safer system operation, especially gas-powered systems where problems with combustion, poor ventilation, or gas leaks could prove particularly dangerous if undetected
- Reduced risk of premature heating replacement by keeping your system working its best for longer
- Prevention of costly heating repairs due to undetected problems
What’s Included in a Heating Tune-Up?
When you schedule a heating tune-up, there are a few key goals in mind: It’s a preventative inspection, identifying and repairing developing problems before they get worse. It’s a cleanup and adjustment service, getting components that need attention back to optimal condition.
During your routine maintenance appointment, your HVAC technician will:
- Check thermostat operation
- Check and lubricate fan motors
- Check wiring assemblies
- Check safety control operation
- Check voltage/amperage draws
- Check temperature drop/rise
- Check fan blades for tightness
- Check electrical component connections
- Check, clean, or replace standard filters
- Check heat anticipators
We’ll also complete additional tune-up tasks depending on the type of system — furnace, boiler, heat pump, or ductless mini-split. We’ll need to complete additional checks if you have a gas or oil furnace or boiler.
Enroll in the HVAC Precision Check-Up Plan
Want to make keeping up with your routine HVAC maintenance visits easier? Enroll in Service Today’s HVAC Precision Check-Up Plan and enjoy two annual visits each year, one for heating and one for cooling, to keep your home as efficiently and reliably comfortable as possible.
In addition to the many benefits of basic maintenance, you’ll enjoy 15% off parts and labor and priority service for all your HVAC appointments. It’s a great way to maximize convenience and member-exclusive savings while maintaining superior comfort.
Choose Service Today for Your Heating Maintenance Needs in MD, DE & PA
When the time comes to schedule a visit for heating maintenance, make sure you choose the expert team at Service Today so you can enjoy all the benefits of investing in your system.
Regular maintenance is crucial to keeping your heating system working as intended for its full service life. Tune-ups from our well-trained team ensure the best possible outcomes.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is my heating system underperforming?
While some level of heating system degradation is inevitable over time, you shouldn’t notice a drastic difference from year to year. You could have:
- A dirty filter obstructing airflow
- A malfunctioning thermostat
- Dirty burners or other components
What happens if you don't schedule routine heating maintenance?
Wear and tear will accumulate much faster if you don’t keep up with heating maintenance, meaning your system will have to work harder to achieve the same results.
The longer you go between maintenance visits, the faster issues can accumulate and the less efficient your system will become.
When is the best time to schedule heating tune-ups?
We recommend scheduling routine service in the fall before it gets really cold and you use your heating system full-time.
This minimizes the risk of your system breaking down or running up an unnecessarily high bill when you need it most during the winter.
We are available 24/7 for emergency service.
We go above and beyond to ensure your comfort and safety.